Sunday, 5 April 2009

What the?!

Strange as it may seem, no matter how well you think some people know you, they still have some kind of preconceived notion about you, which is so not true!

The other day I was speaking over the phone with an old friend. I had always considered him as an intellectual guy. Except for his choice of music, he seems to have the thought-process of a man, some ten years older than he is! Anyway, here is an excerpt of our conversation:

He: So how is your guitar class coming along?

Me: Quite good.

He: So, can you play in front of a girl and impress her?!

Me: Not yet. Hey! Wait a minute! That never was the reason I wanted to learn to play the guitar!

He: Okay. So, what else is new?

Me: Well, I have decided to stop with all this junk slang that I keep using.

At this point, I am expecting some kind of an appreciation or something!

He: Who is behind all this?!

Me: What do you mean?! Do you think I am not capable of taking decisions for myself?!

He: Just asking.

Me: It is so insulting, you know!

He: Hmm.

Me: Actually, the other day I was hanging out with a bunch of friends when I uttered a sentence with about six or seven ‘craps’ in it. At that time, one of them asked me if I could get through just one day, without saying the word ‘crap’! So instead, I thought maybe I should stop it all, and that was the real reason for this decision!

Okay fine, I agree that some people do know you real well!

Now, if any of you guys are wondering as to what was the point of writing this post - it is to let you know that I have decided to stop using all the slang that I have so far been using. So it means saying goodbye to ‘crap’ and ‘moron’ and also ‘go make babies on your own’! Man, I wonder how am I going to survive!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i'll monitor ur progress on dis one ! everytime u go back on ur word, u will have to buy me an ice-cream hehe

Ashwin Wilson said...

Well, in that case, either I would be really broke, or you would get really fat!

Ashwin Wilson said...

I should have rather said, I would be really broke, and you would get really fat!

Unknown said...

u and ur logic gates ! u have already given up on te challenge , chae didn expect dis from u !

Ashwin Wilson said...

Oh?!

Well you should have told it earlier!

In that case, you're not going to get any ice cream! Hah!