Surprisingly, I get ample amount of free time these days, to do absolutely nothing. And instead of simply doing just that, I am here writing this post.
We guys at work have this little sports thing happening now. There is going to be cricket, badminton, table tennis, chess, among other things; but I am only going to be playing chess. Well, it is not like I am all that good when it comes to playing chess, nor it is like I am really bad at other sports. Actually speaking, the reason for this is quite simple - at the moment, I feel like a lazy bum!
Anyway, the last time I played chess with some serious competition was almost a year ago. So you can imagine how prepared I am for the upcoming games! And yeah, I did play a couple of games with my cousin, when he had had visited us last September, and this post is precisely about those two games!
Yeah, so we guys were just talking random stuff, when this guy spotted the chess board on my table. I think he was a bit in shock to learn that I played chess! The fact that he asked me if he could borrow it to play with his dad, reiterates my point! Anyhow, I wanted to get rid of him quick, so I gladly let him take it!
After beating his dad a few times he thought of inflating his ego, and so he asked me if I wanted to play a game. I really did not want to, but he pestered me long enough for me to finally agree. Well, as he was the guest and I the host, I tried to be nice and polite, and so - I intentionally lost the game!
Well, he should have simply shut his mouth and gone about doing his own stuff, but no – he did some sort of a weird victory dance, and then went around the entire place and told everyone about having beaten me! And he did not stop at that – he even went outside and told this to my neighbours! Can you believe that?!
He did have some learning to do, and I was more than willing to help him with it! I called him back for another game, and beat him so bad, so quick, that he went running back to his mother! And of course, I too went around the house and told everyone about beating him! Well, I did not tell my neighbours, but to compensate, I did tell about it to my dogs!
Hah, now that is motivating, right?! Yeah, now I am all charged up to beat these guys at work! So, bring it on!
And hey, have I mentioned that my cousin is eleven years old?!
Wednesday, 15 April 2009
Self-Motivation
Labels:
I Like This,
Stupid Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ah! We should play Chess sometime! I defeated the local Ulsoor Chess champion in like less than 2 minutes!!
Oh yes, I am aware of that!
And considering your track record in whatever you do, I think I'll pass!
Post a Comment