Friday, 17 April 2009

The Door

Today is a friend’s birthday. And starting today, I have decided to write a little something about my friends, on their birthdays - maybe about some stupid things they have done, or a silly trait they have. I guess this is a sure shot way to ascertain that I am left with no friends in exactly a year’s time!

So this post is about this girl I met a little over a year ago. She is an extremely funny character, always so full of energy, a complete chatter box and a maniac driver. Last year, she had reminded me about her birthday coming up, like everyday, for almost a month in advance. And in spite of it, she seemed extremely surprised when I actually wished her! (And oh, I am sure she would have killed me if I had not!)

Okay, so now coming to the stupid part (like all this wasn’t stupid enough already!) – she was, at most times, very scared to open this door. She said she used to get an electric shock every time she touched it. Yeah, like maybe the office guys had rigged the door or something, to prevent employees from leaving their seats during office hours! Now the door in question was a simple glass one, with an aluminium frame. And there was no trace of any electrical wiring within a mile of the door. So I had always felt that the electric shock thing was probably in her head!

Anyway, it had almost become like a hobby for me to watch her get through the door, and laugh at her!

So this one day I was walking to my seat, and had to open this door. I held the knob, and then – I got a jolt so bad, that I almost froze there! Forget just feeling it, I even heard it! And that is when I realised that it was static electricity! And oh, after that day, I was as scared as she used to be, when it came to opening that door!

Ah look at me; the intention of this post was to make my friend look stupid, but then, I have made myself look stupid! Well, it is after all her birthday today, and I think I ought to be nice, at least for a day!

Happy Birthday! Have a great year ahead!

2 comments:

Reshma said...

Write a little something about your friends, on their birthdays eh? Good... My bday is 2 days away... Write brilliant things about me ... maybe u can write about how wonderful i am and how u are completely smitten by me ! :):):)

PS: DONT DELETE THIS COMMENT!!!

Ashwin Wilson said...

Hopes you have!