Thursday, 9 April 2009

How to save a thousand bucks!

While I switched on the computer a little while ago, I had this little something to write about. But right then, I got this phone call. Now that I am back, I have totally forgotten about what I had planned to write. Damn, I must do something about my memory!

Anyway, since my intention was to write, I might as well do it. It would be quite easy to write about a friend, who has been extremely generous to be stupid on a number of occasions! The last time I met him he told me something so silly (or rather, scary!), that I am kind of scared to write about it. Instead, I can share another dumb thing he has done!

So, the other day I visit his place and he tells me that the display on his mobile phone is conked, and it keeps blinking on and off. After analysing the problem, he had come to a conclusion that, probably it is the data cable that is ‘loose’. After bugging him about how careless he is, I asked him to get it fixed at the service centre. (Duh, some advise that!)

Anyway, the next day I get a text message from him that read:

Guess what? I fixed my phone myself. I had to open four screws and that was it. A moron like you would have given it for service and spent a thousand bucks!

Honestly, I was quite surprised that he managed to fix the phone himself. However, I chose not to pamper his ego, and did not reply to his message.

Later that week when I met him, I noticed that he was using his older mobile phone that he had discarded some three years ago. So, I ask him.

Me: What happened to your phone? I thought you had fixed it.

He: Oh, I broke it! I have given it for service now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe poor karthikeyan, he knows not dat he is d hero of dis post !

Kaptnik said...

Jo: Karthikeyan is the hero of every other post of Ashwin's!!

Ashwin Wilson said...

Hey, I had always kept his identity as a secret! You guys blew it off!