Thursday, 17 April 2008

Snow

I guess most of you guys know about these stupid mind games, in which you are given a set of words and asked to associate one of them to a person you know, and the word you choose apparently says something about how you feel about that person. (I just realized that it was an amazingly long sentence!) I remember having played (or rather, being forced to play) one such game a few years ago.

Obviously, as the game goes, I was given a set of words, and was asked to pick one from it, that I felt would describe that someone. Now, I have forgotten most of the words in that list, but the ones that I still remember are snow and moon. I guess that list even had gas stove as one of the words, but in any case, it is not really important at this time!

After carefully eliminating the words that did not fit (yeah right!), I was left with snow and moon! At this point, it was getting difficult (yeah right, again)! Which of these two words do I choose?! I had to, honestly, give it much thought, because circumstances those days demanded it! Anyway, I wanted to pick snow, but back then, as I had not seen snow, except on TV and in photographs, I chose moon! (Phew!) But now that I have seen snow, I think I am in a better position to reconsider my decision!

When I first arrived here in Italy, I could see the snow capped mountains from my office, and it looked marvelous! So, I checked up with these guys in office about how I could get there, and then took a bus to that place one Saturday. The bus ride itself was awesome! I certainly was excited seeing snow! First thing I did when the bus stopped was jump out and pick up snow! I probably was acting like a kindergarten kid!

I remember having said Wow! Check out all the snow here! It looks great! It undoubtedly was great! After about an hour or so, it started snowing. I felt it was my lucky day! Not only do I get to see snow, but I actually get to see it snowing too! Great! After spending a lot of time taking photographs, and seeing stuff, I was beginning to feel a little cold. In fact, my hands and feet were kind of getting numb! But I was still enjoying the snow! By noon time, the excitement was fading away, and I was like Okay, there is snow around me! So what?! And by late afternoon, I was thinking Oh crap! There is so much snow! And by evening I was screaming What the crap am I doing in between all this snow? Get me the hell out of this place!

Looking at the bus that would take me back to my hotel room arrive, was probably one of the best sights I saw that day! (Not exactly, but at that time, I sure thought it was!) It was a big relief getting into the bus, and away from the snow! The snow looked a lot better from inside the bus!

So, coming back to my decision on whether it has to be moon or snow. Well, I think I am sticking with moon! At least, until I visit the moon!

No comments: