Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Amazing Keyboard

You know what? This stupid keyboard that I am using is an Italian one. And like the language, it is confusing too. To begin with, it has more keys than the standard English one. These guys have a few alphabets with dots and what nots hovering over them. And so, they have packed in these extra keys in the keyboard by reducing the size of the enter, and the shift keys. The shift key is about a third of the normal size, and the enter key is even smaller. And every time I want to use these keys, I invariably hit the other keys beside them!

Moreover, the positions of the symbol keys are not in the same locations, as in the English keyboard. The first time I used their keyboard, I could not find the @ key! I had to open my mail, copy the @ from a contact and use it! Anyway, I have now located the @ key! Thankfully, these guys have left the location of the alphabets in their original place! The Germans and the French have an even funnier keyboard. These guys have misplaced the alphabets too! And the Germans even have an under shift key!

Anyway, at work I have a unique problem. The keyboard, of course, is an Italian one, but this brilliant IT guy has installed it as an English one! So, when I hit a key on the keyboard, the character that comes up on the screen is not necessarily the same as the one I asked for!

Confused? Me too!

No comments: