I bunked work today. My friend and I had plans of watching a movie and then just hanging around. We decided to meet at M G Road, and then go ahead and do stuff from there. But a last minute ditch by my friend left me wondering as to what I would do for the rest of the day! The last thing that I wanted to do is watch a movie on my own.
I’d given my bike for service, and so I did not even have my own transport! Having ended up at M G’s, a walk down the road was inevitable! After having walked up and down, left and right, north and south, and of course, east and west, I was clueless on what do next. I was quite tired after all the walking, so I was looking for some place, apart from a cafĂ©, to rest my rear upon! The closest place that fit into the description I was looking for, was Cubbon Park.
Now, the last time that I remember visiting Cubbon Park is when I was a kid, holding my dad’s hand! And the last time I visited any park was probably three years ago, holding somebody else’s hand!
Just after a minute’s walk into the park, the noise from all the vehicles passing by faded away, giving way to the pleasant sounds of different birds chirping, and leaves rustling! Wow! It was so peaceful! I think coming to the park was one of the wisest decisions that I have made in recent times! It was an amazing feeling looking at all the greenery surrounding you, listening to the chirping of the birds, watching the squirrels nibble at berries, walking under an arch formed by the branches, and on a carpet of dried leaves!
I found a bench to sit on, and thoroughly enjoyed the sights and sounds! It was almost therapeutic. And for those few seconds when the birds were quiet, and the winds died down, the silence was almost frightening. I don’t know for how long did I sit there. I wished I had a book with me to read. I’d have spent the entire day there.
As I was leaving, I remembered having met a guy, while I visited Bombay, a few years ago. While he figured out that I was from Bangalore, he was all-curious about Cubbon Park and Lalbagh. He had said that he would definitely visit these places if he were to come to Bangalore. Back then, I thought he was a little old-fashioned or rather plain stupid for having said that. I had even cracked jokes about him with my friends in Bangalore! And here I was sitting in Cubbon Park myself!
Honestly, I don’t think there is any other place in Bangalore, that can substitute the feel of Cubbon Park. I’m definitely coming back here! And I think you should too!
I’d given my bike for service, and so I did not even have my own transport! Having ended up at M G’s, a walk down the road was inevitable! After having walked up and down, left and right, north and south, and of course, east and west, I was clueless on what do next. I was quite tired after all the walking, so I was looking for some place, apart from a cafĂ©, to rest my rear upon! The closest place that fit into the description I was looking for, was Cubbon Park.
Now, the last time that I remember visiting Cubbon Park is when I was a kid, holding my dad’s hand! And the last time I visited any park was probably three years ago, holding somebody else’s hand!
I found a bench to sit on, and thoroughly enjoyed the sights and sounds! It was almost therapeutic. And for those few seconds when the birds were quiet, and the winds died down, the silence was almost frightening. I don’t know for how long did I sit there. I wished I had a book with me to read. I’d have spent the entire day there.
As I was leaving, I remembered having met a guy, while I visited Bombay, a few years ago. While he figured out that I was from Bangalore, he was all-curious about Cubbon Park and Lalbagh. He had said that he would definitely visit these places if he were to come to Bangalore. Back then, I thought he was a little old-fashioned or rather plain stupid for having said that. I had even cracked jokes about him with my friends in Bangalore! And here I was sitting in Cubbon Park myself!
Honestly, I don’t think there is any other place in Bangalore, that can substitute the feel of Cubbon Park. I’m definitely coming back here! And I think you should too!


No comments:
Post a Comment