Sunday, 5 December 2010

One smart IT guy

Is there anyone out there, who thinks that the IT guys employed by the organisations they are working with are more knowledgeable and more capable, when it comes to rectifying issues that crop up on your computer?

I did not think so!

Nevertheless, we do have to take the issues to them, just because we need to follow the protocol.

Well, I did have some computer trouble last week at the office, and quite obviously, had to contact the IT guys. Now one little thing you guys must know is, here, the IT guys who help us with our issues, do not sit in the same office, or for the matter in the same city as where we are. We have to call them up over the phone, and all the debugging happens through desktop sharing over Microsoft NetMeeting.

Anyhow, a few minutes into the debugging process, the IT guy reckoned it to be an issue with the network adaptor driver. Here is the conversation that ensued.

He: I have to reinstall the driver for the network adaptor. It is required to close all the programs that are open at the moment. Can I proceed in closing them all?

Me: Alright, go right ahead!

So, he closed all the programs, and then went on to open the Device Manager. He scrolled down to Network Adaptors, right-clicked on it, and then hit Uninstall!

And in a jiffy, it was done!

He: Uh, I seem to have lost the connection with your computer. Could you please connect me back on NetMeeting?

Me: I am sorry, I cannot do that. You just uninstalled the network adaptor, and I am no longer connected to the network!

He: Oh shit!

4 comments:

Kaptnik said...

ROFLMAO!

Ashwin Wilson said...

I wish Blogger too came up with a 'Like' button like Facebook!

Karthikeyan said...

BTW ... Wat was the Issue ?

Ashwin Wilson said...

I cannot tell you that, as I am bound by a NDA! :)