There is this one friend I have got, who is almost always at a different place whenever I call him! Anyway, the last time I spoke to him he was just about getting back home after a round of shopping with his wife and kid. As he was parking his car, he said he would call me back in five minutes, as he had to help his wife in carrying the stuff they had gotten for their home.
He did not call back!
A couple of hours later, he came up on IM, and here is the conversation we had:
He: Hi again, I was arranging things at home.
Me: I kind of understood that, uncle! One of the advantages of being single is you do not have to arrange things at home!
He: Ha, ha! I like cleanliness!
Me: I like practicality! There is no point wasting time in arranging things!
He: Why not?
Me: See, first you waste time in putting it in a place, and then in taking it out! Leave them all on a chair! You should see my room!
He: If everything is clean, you know where things are.
Me: Well, my room is not clean, and I still know where all my things are!
He: Grr!
Me: It is practical! But you cannot do it because you have a wife who says it has to be clean!
Me: Let us see what your wife has to say about that.
Me: There are a lot of things I need to check before I agree on a wife!
He: Hmm! You take so much time in choosing a car; you would take ages for choosing a wife!
Me: Of course! And I am in no hurry either!
He: We all are! You are among the last ones among us to get married!
Me: You can all wait! I want to rub the advantages of being single on you guys for as long as it takes!
He: Do you want me to list advantages of marriage?
Me: Go ahead! But be aware - I might use it in my blog if I find it interesting!
He: You get timely food.
You have company all the time.
There is no necessity of wasting time.
Me: Maggi noodles take two minutes to cook, and I have two dogs!
He: Okay simple - you have to get married sometime. It is better accomplish certain tasks soon.
Me: You could come up with just three reasons, huh?! Let me see, firstly I need to go to Himalayas. Marriage can wait!
He: Why not take your wife along? Give her an Avenger.
Me: Oh please! You would have to hear complaints about the cold, bad roads, bad seats on the bike, bad food, bad accommodation, dust, snow, her nails and her hair! And after all that I would have to take her pillion!
He: I give up!
--
Well, I could not find anything more interesting to write about this evening than this!
He did not call back!
A couple of hours later, he came up on IM, and here is the conversation we had:
He: Hi again, I was arranging things at home.
Me: I kind of understood that, uncle! One of the advantages of being single is you do not have to arrange things at home!
He: Ha, ha! I like cleanliness!
Me: I like practicality! There is no point wasting time in arranging things!
He: Why not?
Me: See, first you waste time in putting it in a place, and then in taking it out! Leave them all on a chair! You should see my room!
He: If everything is clean, you know where things are.
Me: Well, my room is not clean, and I still know where all my things are!
He: Grr!
Me: It is practical! But you cannot do it because you have a wife who says it has to be clean!
Me: Let us see what your wife has to say about that.
Me: There are a lot of things I need to check before I agree on a wife!
He: Hmm! You take so much time in choosing a car; you would take ages for choosing a wife!
Me: Of course! And I am in no hurry either!
He: We all are! You are among the last ones among us to get married!
Me: You can all wait! I want to rub the advantages of being single on you guys for as long as it takes!
He: Do you want me to list advantages of marriage?
Me: Go ahead! But be aware - I might use it in my blog if I find it interesting!
He: You get timely food.
You have company all the time.
There is no necessity of wasting time.
Me: Maggi noodles take two minutes to cook, and I have two dogs!
He: Okay simple - you have to get married sometime. It is better accomplish certain tasks soon.
Me: You could come up with just three reasons, huh?! Let me see, firstly I need to go to Himalayas. Marriage can wait!
He: Why not take your wife along? Give her an Avenger.
Me: Oh please! You would have to hear complaints about the cold, bad roads, bad seats on the bike, bad food, bad accommodation, dust, snow, her nails and her hair! And after all that I would have to take her pillion!
He: I give up!
--
Well, I could not find anything more interesting to write about this evening than this!


2 comments:
Me: Maggi noodles take two minutes to cook, and I have two dogs!
Classic retort!
Ha, ha! I need better reasons to consider getting married than food on time, and company all the time! Besides, I am sure no one wants company all the time!
Post a Comment