A lot of people ask me to ‘shut-up’ these days. A majority of these are guys whom I have known for quite sometime, but lately, this syndrome has caught up even to people who have just about gotten to know me!
This one day, I was having a conversation with this girl, whom I had just gotten to know. After a bit of technical blah, our discussion switched over to something more, uh, discussion-worthy! Anyway, here is the part of the conversation, which matters.
She: You don’t talk much, huh?
Me: (Is she serious?!) Ah, at times I do. But you know, a lot of people ask me to shut-up, so I am trying to keep it a bit down!
She: Oh? I would never ask you to shut-up!
Me: Thanks! Let’s see!
Anyway, we were discussing about sports and stuff like it for a couple of minutes, and then, it came to this.
She: Let me guess, you play basketball.
Me: I used to; I don’t play any more though.
She: I used to play too, I love that sport!
Me: Oh, cool!
She: You said it.
Me: Yeah, but of course, there are a few irritating things about playing basketball.
She: Like?
Me: Just imagine, while you are playing - you are sweating like a race-horse, and you are rubbing against other sweaty guys who are falling all over you fighting for the ball. And then, not only are you covered in your own sweat, but the entire opponent team’s sweat too! Now, how gross is that?!
She: Ashwin, please - SHUT-UP!
See?!
This one day, I was having a conversation with this girl, whom I had just gotten to know. After a bit of technical blah, our discussion switched over to something more, uh, discussion-worthy! Anyway, here is the part of the conversation, which matters.
She: You don’t talk much, huh?
Me: (Is she serious?!) Ah, at times I do. But you know, a lot of people ask me to shut-up, so I am trying to keep it a bit down!
She: Oh? I would never ask you to shut-up!
Me: Thanks! Let’s see!
Anyway, we were discussing about sports and stuff like it for a couple of minutes, and then, it came to this.
She: Let me guess, you play basketball.
Me: I used to; I don’t play any more though.
She: I used to play too, I love that sport!
Me: Oh, cool!
She: You said it.
Me: Yeah, but of course, there are a few irritating things about playing basketball.
She: Like?
Me: Just imagine, while you are playing - you are sweating like a race-horse, and you are rubbing against other sweaty guys who are falling all over you fighting for the ball. And then, not only are you covered in your own sweat, but the entire opponent team’s sweat too! Now, how gross is that?!
She: Ashwin, please - SHUT-UP!
See?!


1 comment:
grt to see the man in form!! :)
grt work so shut up and keep writing :P
Post a Comment