Have I told you that I have resolved to give up swearing from this year?! No, this is not a joke, I am serious! Well, I know it is hard for anyone to believe me on this one! To be honest, I laughed at myself when I resolved to do this! Actually, this is the sixth straight year that I have it in my ‘resolutions’ list!
Anyway, just for your information, I have done an excellent job in sticking to my resolution – so far, that is! Of course, I had a little trouble in the first week, when I uttered a few of them. You see, I have been swearing for so long now, that I do it subconsciously! I do not really have to give it any thought at all! And this makes it ever so difficult to give it up!
And now coming to the aftermath of this, all my conversations have become extremely short these days. I have absolutely nothing to say! At most times, I only nod my head in acceptance or rejection!
I recall a few years back, when I had told a friend that I had given up swearing, she laughed at me said that I must have lost half my vocabulary! The truth is - I have lost more than half of it!
Anyway, just for your information, I have done an excellent job in sticking to my resolution – so far, that is! Of course, I had a little trouble in the first week, when I uttered a few of them. You see, I have been swearing for so long now, that I do it subconsciously! I do not really have to give it any thought at all! And this makes it ever so difficult to give it up!
And now coming to the aftermath of this, all my conversations have become extremely short these days. I have absolutely nothing to say! At most times, I only nod my head in acceptance or rejection!
I recall a few years back, when I had told a friend that I had given up swearing, she laughed at me said that I must have lost half my vocabulary! The truth is - I have lost more than half of it!


2 comments:
let me tell u what..i havnt heard u use this word so frequently i guess u r doing well with ur resolution thing..
n to add i m reading ur blog for more than 1 n half hr n see m still not bored a min..
going good..!!
Why, thank you so much!
I hope I can stop swearing for good!
Post a Comment