Monday, 4 February 2008

What a frigging day!

If something can go wrong, it will! But why does it all have to go wrong on the same day?!

Had planned to go early to work today. I wanted to check the results of an analysis run we had started on Saturday evening before we left office. To my bad luck, the alarm clock ran out of battery just about a couple of minutes before the damn thing had to ring! Result – I woke up about half an hour late, than usual! I had no time to get a shave or even to iron my clothes.

After rushing to office (barely making it on time), the first thing I wanted to do is check the analysis. To my rotten luck, all I got to see is an error message saying some crap, and also that the analysis wasn’t completed. Honestly speaking, I was glad that I didn’t come to office early to see this! But I was a little disappointed too.

After debugging the file, with some help from a colleague, we guys started the analysis again. This time I was pretty confident that the analysis would be completed!

I thought I’ll move on to other things, while I got a call from a customer. Whoever said ‘customer is always right’ probably would have apologized if he had met this guy! I once read on the internet that ‘most people are alive because it is illegal to kill!’ I now realized that its so true! To make matters worse, he wanted to have another, longer discussion later in the day!

After lunch, things just got worse. It was quite embarrassing to have a mistake pointed out to us by a dude, with CC’s to everyone he knows! I did feel like a big idiot at this time!

And no, it doesn’t end here! Had another discussion with the customer, which almost brought tears to my eyes! The less said the better! After redoing a few things as asked by him, I thought of checking up on the analysis run we had started earlier in the day. Guess what, that dumb Murphy’s Law was at it again! Aargh!

Some more debugging, and we guys were able to give another run, before we called it a day. Walked back to the parking lot, feeling relieved that the day was finally over! Well, it wasn’t over yet! The rear tire of my bike was punctured! And you know what? It was a ‘screw’ that had caused it! It was a little late to get it fixed right away, I decided to leave the bike back at parking lot. I did have to walk back to office to leave my helmet and jacket. Have I mentioned that its almost a kilometer separating the two?

A friend offered to drop me home (God bless him!) and I did appreciate that a lot! I was too scared to think if it was over until I reached home! To finish off, there was a power-cut while I reached home!

Nothing else went wrong until the time I wrote this. Frankly speaking, I don’t think there is anything else left!

1 comment:

Kaptnik said...

Oh sure there musta been something left! Like when you slept, you musta dreamt that about 9 & a 1/2 months after you got married, your wife gave birth to quadruplets! :)