Thursday, 4 November 2010

Happy Birthday!

Have you guys noticed that when you are someplace celebrating a birthday and start singing, a bunch of people who have no business whatsoever come along and join you in singing?

Now, check out this picture.


If you are wondering why I put a picture of teddy in the blog – well, believe it or not, but this was the candle my friends put up on my birthday cake this year! And considering the fact that last year the candle on the cake said ‘3’, I think this is an improvement!

In case you are wondering why there is no cake in the picture – I am getting right to that!

This anyway is not about the candle, but the cake. Rather, what gets written on the cake! (Come to think of it – it is not about that either!) I do not know if people actually write anything decent on cakes anymore. I mean, it is almost shocking to see a cake with just a name or a nickname these days! Quite frankly, I can not remember the last time when the guy whom I asked to write the stuff on the cake has not looked back at me in absolute disbelief! And I suppose it is true with the other guys, who I would like to call a gang too!

Okay, I guess I hang out with a bunch of people who may be a little more twisted than the rest of you guys – but you know what? They are a lot of fun!

Coming back to my birthday cake and the celebrations - we guys were out at a restaurant and the finale was the presentation of the birthday cake. Now as these guys started singing, the waiters too, joined in. Of course, they had no idea what my name was and they thought they could pull it off by reading my name written on the cake!

Big mistake! Anyway, they started singing -

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear – what the?!


Oh, you should have been there to see the look on their faces! And nope, I am not going to say what was written on it!

4 comments:

Kaptnik said...

What was written on your cake?! "F*cking bl*wjob"?

Ashwin Wilson said...

And that is why I didn't want to say what was written on the cake!

RGB said...

Hee, hee! From 3 to teddy, that's some progress indeed! And yeah, I know what you mean...I've seen that sort of expression too!

Ashwin Wilson said...

:)