Now that I have gotten your attention, I must ask you to ignore the title of this post for the time being!
Riding around on a motorcycle in Bangalore can get quite irritating at times, even for a person who generally enjoys riding. Most of the roads are usually overcrowded and one wastes a lot of time waiting at almost every traffic signal. So the experience of getting to hear your engine roar and enjoying the wind blowing your hair is few and far between.
Anyway, when I am riding solo I am usually listening to my favourite music and it helps me ignore the crazy traffic, and more importantly - the many morons who cut me off. And of course, if there is someone riding the pillion with you – you could be kept entertained by having weird conversations with them. But on days when you can not listen to music or be entertained by your pillion rider – you have to keep yourself amused by observing the things around you. I for instance, read stuff on hoardings, or bumper stickers, watch clouds, and of late – try to read shop names written in Kannada!
Okay, so you think this is boring? Have a look at what I spotted.
Riding around on a motorcycle in Bangalore can get quite irritating at times, even for a person who generally enjoys riding. Most of the roads are usually overcrowded and one wastes a lot of time waiting at almost every traffic signal. So the experience of getting to hear your engine roar and enjoying the wind blowing your hair is few and far between.
Anyway, when I am riding solo I am usually listening to my favourite music and it helps me ignore the crazy traffic, and more importantly - the many morons who cut me off. And of course, if there is someone riding the pillion with you – you could be kept entertained by having weird conversations with them. But on days when you can not listen to music or be entertained by your pillion rider – you have to keep yourself amused by observing the things around you. I for instance, read stuff on hoardings, or bumper stickers, watch clouds, and of late – try to read shop names written in Kannada!
Okay, so you think this is boring? Have a look at what I spotted.

And oh – you so have to get in front of this lion to see what you are missing!


2 comments:
Where is this place. And you have a bike. We should start hanging around soon :)
This is along Bellary road, on the way to the airport. Now it's kind of tempting to watch all the animals placed at every traffic intersection!
And yes, I heard you are in Bangalore.
Post a Comment