Sunday, 17 October 2010

Broken? No, it’s cracked!

Of late, a lot of the conversations I have had with my friends have been revolving around the Bullet and quite frankly, I have nothing nice to say about that bike.

While most of them seem to believe that they are being a part of a cult or something by owning a Bullet, I just cannot seem to understand what exactly do these guys find in an over-rated, over-designed, underperforming and uncomfortable motorbike! And just so that you know – I am making that statement after having ridden a Bullet, and a brand new one at that. You know, my bum was resonating for a good thirty minutes even after I had gotten off that bike!

Anyway, that is my version of the comfort level of the bike, and I suppose it is just me! Here is an incident I want to share, about a friend who considered owning a Bullet as his ambition! You will kind of get an idea of what goes through these guys’ heads when they want a Bullet.

Now this guy had gone to check out a used Bullet with another friend and I met them once they got back.

Me: So, how was the bike?

Bullet Guy: Dude, it was awesome!

Other Guy: Dude, the chassis was broken!

Bullet Guy: It was not broken – it was just cracked!

Other Guy: The shocks were not working!

Bullet Guy: It was not like they were not working – it was just that they were stuck!

Other Guy: The bike did not even have a battery. The guy got one from another bike and got it started!

Bullet Guy: That is for safety so that no one would steal the bike!

Other Guy: Yeah, like anyone would even want to steal that bike!

So, you get it right?! Happy riding!

No comments: