Friday, 9 July 2010

Change

I have been delaying this for far too long now and I am beginning to wonder if there is any sanity in writing it at the moment. I did make an effort earlier to pen down some stuff, but I was too emotional to keep it going!

Irrespective of the fact that a lot many people keep telling you about how change is required for progress and all that crap, you have to accept that at the end of the day – change does suck, and it sucks big time!

To top it all – I feel like a hypocrite here because, at one time, I used to lecture people about accepting the change, adapting to it, and moving along; and I am stuck here pondering, and refusing to acknowledge the change!

Well, I quit my job last week – after having worked there for six long years. And it was my first job too. I still remember how excited I was back in college when I got this job. I had thought I would never leave the place until my retirement!

But I suppose time changes everything!

Balls to time, and balls to change!

To leave was definitely the most difficult decision I have ever had to take yet, and I certainly know that I have decided right. The only aftermath of this is the very crappy feeling that I have – which is even worse than having gone through a break-up!

Of all the things that I miss – it is the amazing friends I had made there that I miss the most! The many tea-breaks, post-breakfast breaks, the extended lunch-breaks, the intellectual talks in second-shifts, the philosophical talks in first-shifts, the talks by the water-cooler, the pink jokes, the bubble wraps, the never ending brainstorming sessions, the mechanism classes, the conference calls, the morning meetings, the things I can not write here and all the little things I had taken for granted – they seem so precious to me now!

I have been extremely lucky to have gotten a chance to work with such a wonderful bunch of people! This one is for each and every one of you who made it so memorable! I miss you guys, and I love you all! Thank you for the memories!

PS: I hope this crappy feeling goes away when I receive a fat pay this month end!

4 comments:

Pratik Gupta said...

Where you going?
when you leaving?
Luck for future!
congrats for job!
( This doesn't rhyme,Damn it!)

Ashwin Wilson said...

I've signed an agreement with my employer saying I can not disclose where I am working in my blog! Funny, isn't it?!

I've already left! And thank you!

:)

Garima said...

I too miss those long tea & lunch breaks...It is not the same here :-(

Ashwin Wilson said...

Yeah. When you think about it, I guess we had a better time in office than even in college!

But I guess, we'll have to just carry on!