Saturday, 27 March 2010

Right Behind You!

I was reading some stuff a little earlier which, kind of, reminded me about my college days. We had this lecturer guy, who taught us some stuff. No wait – he actually did not teach us any stuff! Bugger! (Let me call him as Bugger in this post, just to protect his identity!) He always used to come late to class, make us debate on things that were not a part of our syllabus, and leave the class even before it was time to leave! But you know what? All of us loved him for that!

Anyway, this one day I was headed to class with a friend, and we were running a little late. We got to the elevator, and as usual, there were quite a few people waiting for it. And here is the conversation that followed between us.

Me: Oh crap, we are late!

He: Yeah, we are.

Me: Who is supposed to be taking class for us now?

He: Bugger.

Me: Oh crap! It is going to be horrible!

We somehow managed to get into the elevator when it arrived – although there were far more people ahead of us, than the elevator would hold! (Indian instincts, you see!) Few others got in, and we got going.

Me: Hey, how about we push this carpet into the door, so that the door does not close?!

At this stage, my friend suddenly stopped responding to me, and started acting a little funny!

He: Shh!

Me: What the crap is wrong with you?

He did not answer anything, but instead, it looked like he was trying very hard to step on my feet! On asking him again, he wanted to get away from me! Also, he was moving around his eyes too! All in all, it looked like he was in the middle of a Bharatanatyam step! I have no idea what happened to him all of a sudden. I mean – even I was breathing the same air, you know!

Anyhow, we got to the floor we had to get off, and so stepped out of the elevator.

Me: I bet you a hundred bucks – Bugger would still not have come to class!

He: Yeah you are right – he is not in class!

Me: And how are you so sure?!

He: He took the lift along with us, and now – he is right behind you!

2 comments:

Pratik Gupta said...

Fucketti Fuckeeti Fuck !! What about the things which happened later like your subject grade???

Ashwin Wilson said...

Um, I took care of that by actively taking part in all the debates he used to conduct in class! And to add to this, he had a weak memorry too!