Most guys who know me have varied opinion about how much I talk. That is primarily because I talk a lot with a few people, and lesser with others. But in any case, I think each one would agree that I am perfectly capable of jabbering about absolute crap! Now, I need to analyse if it is as much as a good thing, or not.
This post should be taken as a lesson in what you should not be doing, while conversing with someone, especially while it is for the first time - and more so, if that someone happens to be a girl.
One fine morning, I was walking along with this girl, whom I have an acquaintance with. Till date, the talks we have had have been quite trivial. This morning, however, it was a little different.
She: Where are you from?
Me: Mangalore.
She: Oh?
Me: Do you know where it is?
She: Yeah, it is in the coast, right?
Me: Yeah, it is.
She: Yeah.
Me: Where are you from?
She: Jabalpur.
Me: Oh?
She: Have you heard of it before?
Me: Oh yes, I have. I had this one friend from Bihar – he had this habit of abusing people with funny sounding places, like Abey Bhatinda, or Abey Gibraltar, or Abey Jabalpur!
Silence!
Me: Oops! I am sorry!
Thursday, 25 June 2009
First Impression!
Labels:
Stupid Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment