I was speaking on the phone with a friend today. After a lot of blah, we somehow happened to discuss about how ‘dumb’ my future wife would be! The conversation was like this.
She: I think, you will get a wife who will be like really dumb!
Me: You know, another friend has also told me that.
She: Is he a fortune teller?
Me: No he is not, but he thinks he is one!
She: Even I think you’ll get a dumb wife!
Me: You know what? Since that guy has already scared me with that stuff, I have come up with a way to work around it. I’ll make her take an IQ test, and I’ll marry her only if she gets a decent enough score!
She: Then if she has an IQ higher than yours, wouldn’t that be trouble? She’d be smarter than you!
Me: Oh?! (Honestly, I had not considered that!) Well, in that case, I’ll marry someone who’s IQ is a little lesser than mine! Hah!
She: Yeah?! In case any girl actually agrees to take an IQ test just to marry you, then I am sure she would be dumb anyway!
Me: Huh?! Aargh! (Haven’t I already told you that girls are evil?!)
She was obviously laughing at my helpless situation! And at this perfect moment, my cell phone battery went dead!
Crap!
Why does it always happen to me? The battery is always full when someone I would rather not speak with calls me up, and it is always low when I would want the conversation going on.
Damn you, Murphy!
Now I need to continue this debate with her some other day! Looking at the brighter side, I have some more time to build up my argument!
She: I think, you will get a wife who will be like really dumb!
Me: You know, another friend has also told me that.
She: Is he a fortune teller?
Me: No he is not, but he thinks he is one!
She: Even I think you’ll get a dumb wife!
Me: You know what? Since that guy has already scared me with that stuff, I have come up with a way to work around it. I’ll make her take an IQ test, and I’ll marry her only if she gets a decent enough score!
She: Then if she has an IQ higher than yours, wouldn’t that be trouble? She’d be smarter than you!
Me: Oh?! (Honestly, I had not considered that!) Well, in that case, I’ll marry someone who’s IQ is a little lesser than mine! Hah!
She: Yeah?! In case any girl actually agrees to take an IQ test just to marry you, then I am sure she would be dumb anyway!
Me: Huh?! Aargh! (Haven’t I already told you that girls are evil?!)
She was obviously laughing at my helpless situation! And at this perfect moment, my cell phone battery went dead!
Crap!
Why does it always happen to me? The battery is always full when someone I would rather not speak with calls me up, and it is always low when I would want the conversation going on.
Damn you, Murphy!
Now I need to continue this debate with her some other day! Looking at the brighter side, I have some more time to build up my argument!


No comments:
Post a Comment