I initially started off this post with an intention of writing about some seriously crappy intellectual stuff, but then I just could not get the thoughts from that brain-dead head of mine, into words! (God bless me for that!) Now that I have lost the topic, I guess I should do the next best thing – list down little stupid things that have happened eons ago!
Scene I
The guy, (I’ll just call him D) who used to teach me to play the guitar, has got one amazing place! It is more like a clubhouse, than a place – always bubbling with activity, and housing like a million people! I guess at times, D himself would not know as to who is in his house! Occasionally however, you do find it in peace too!
On one such quiet day when I went to class, a guy - whom I did not recognise, opened the door for me and I went upstairs to the room where we usually practise. There were three other guys, apart from D, in that room. D was kind of surprised that I managed to get in there and asked:
D: Hey! Who opened the door for you?!
(See, I told you he does not know who is in his house!)
Me: There was a guy downstairs.
D: Did he have short hair?
Me: Uh, I do not really know, but he had a goatee!
The moment I said that, everyone dropped their guitars and stared at me like I said something stupid!
It was then I realised that everyone in that room, me included, had a goatee!
Indeed, it was very stupid!
Scene II
We guys had been to Delhi in November last year, and we found that most auto-rickshaw guys demanded more cash, and refused to travel for the metered fare. Obviously irritated with this fact, I asked one of the guys:
(Excuse my Hindi, please!)
Me: Aap yeh meter show ke liye laga raka hai kya? Meter pe kyu nahi chalata hai?
He: Doctor ne mana kiya hai!
I had to shut up, thanks to my friends, who were laughing at me like totally drunk nincompoops, who have been inhaling nitrous oxide all their lives!
Scene III
This one day, I got back home from office and there was a power cut. I was home alone, and had absolutely nothing useful that I could do. So I took my dogs, Dog and Phoebie to the terrace and I played with them, till they were too bored to continue playing with me! (In case you do not know yet, I have named my dog as Dog!)
So I came back downstairs and opened up a bottle of Sprite. It then occurred to me that I could kill some time by giving generous amounts of Sprite to my dogs, and then watch them burp! Ha, am I good or what?! Phoebie, unfortunately, did not seem to want any of it, so Dog got to have her share too!
You know, I waited by Dog for so long to watch him burp. In fact, I sat by him, even after the power came back! He was just staring back at me, probably wondering if I needed some help or something! I got up only after my mum came home and chased me out from Dog’s place!
Damn! What a waste of time!


No comments:
Post a Comment