Uh, I kind of planned to write about the changes this year has brought upon me a little later this month – but I suppose writing about this a couple of weeks early would not hurt anyone!
The one thing that I do drastically different these days is the way I ride my bike! At one time, I used to be among the safest riders on the road – ensuring that I follow every traffic rule, and stay within the specified speed limits. In fact, I used to lecture other guys to ride decently! Nowadays, the tables have turned, and these very guys lecture me! And a few people who have seen me ride have refused to ride the pillion with me!
Anyhow, I was riding back from office this evening, and needless to mention, I was riding very fast. Of course, I spotted the boards specifying the speed limits as I zipped by them. Actually, when you have one every three-hundred metres, you can not miss them, even if you want to! There was not a soul ahead of me, and I was completely enjoying the ride!
Alas, the joy was short lived! There were traffic cops ahead with their interceptor vehicle, and I knew that they had already got me on their camera when I spotted them! I do not exactly know how fast I was riding at that instant, but I do know that my bike does wonders, when in the fifth gear, and with the throttle fully open! I braked as hard as I could, knowing very well that it would not be of much use! As expected, I was stopped as I reached the vehicle.
Cop: You were over speeding.
I just nodded my head in acceptance.
Cop: The fine for over speeding in Rs. 300.
Me: Alright.
I think the cop guy was a little surprised by my absolute lack of acting surprised, or arguing with him! Fact is, I knew I was riding almost twice as fast as the limit, and I had no chance in hell to get out of this! And besides, I was in a real hurry to get to someplace!
Cop: Can I see your driving licence?
I gave it to him, and he directed me to another cop – with his flashy Blackberry. I paid up 300 bucks, and I got my receipt for my offence – complete with my name, bike registration number, and blah. Funny thing is, the cop was courteous enough to say ‘thank you’ when I paid up! I suppose replying ‘you are welcome’ was not quite appropriate, and instead chose to keep my mouth shut!
I was reminded of the incident where my friend was caught for over speeding, and ironically, it perhaps was the same spot!
So there you go, I got my first traffic violation ticket! I am sure all you guys believe that I deserved this; even I do!
Sad part is – I was over speeding the very minute I took off from the place!
Somebody stop me!
The one thing that I do drastically different these days is the way I ride my bike! At one time, I used to be among the safest riders on the road – ensuring that I follow every traffic rule, and stay within the specified speed limits. In fact, I used to lecture other guys to ride decently! Nowadays, the tables have turned, and these very guys lecture me! And a few people who have seen me ride have refused to ride the pillion with me!
Anyhow, I was riding back from office this evening, and needless to mention, I was riding very fast. Of course, I spotted the boards specifying the speed limits as I zipped by them. Actually, when you have one every three-hundred metres, you can not miss them, even if you want to! There was not a soul ahead of me, and I was completely enjoying the ride!
Alas, the joy was short lived! There were traffic cops ahead with their interceptor vehicle, and I knew that they had already got me on their camera when I spotted them! I do not exactly know how fast I was riding at that instant, but I do know that my bike does wonders, when in the fifth gear, and with the throttle fully open! I braked as hard as I could, knowing very well that it would not be of much use! As expected, I was stopped as I reached the vehicle.
Cop: You were over speeding.
I just nodded my head in acceptance.
Cop: The fine for over speeding in Rs. 300.
Me: Alright.
I think the cop guy was a little surprised by my absolute lack of acting surprised, or arguing with him! Fact is, I knew I was riding almost twice as fast as the limit, and I had no chance in hell to get out of this! And besides, I was in a real hurry to get to someplace!
Cop: Can I see your driving licence?
I gave it to him, and he directed me to another cop – with his flashy Blackberry. I paid up 300 bucks, and I got my receipt for my offence – complete with my name, bike registration number, and blah. Funny thing is, the cop was courteous enough to say ‘thank you’ when I paid up! I suppose replying ‘you are welcome’ was not quite appropriate, and instead chose to keep my mouth shut!
I was reminded of the incident where my friend was caught for over speeding, and ironically, it perhaps was the same spot!
So there you go, I got my first traffic violation ticket! I am sure all you guys believe that I deserved this; even I do!
Sad part is – I was over speeding the very minute I took off from the place!
Somebody stop me!


2 comments:
Good thing you referenced my post! For a moment there I was going to accuse you of plagiarism!!
And hey, welcome to the club! :)
Ha ha! Some club that!
Post a Comment