Sunday, 11 October 2009

When You Are With Me

Now this is something that I had never thought I would ever do. This post is actually a song that I wrote a few weeks ago.

I must admit, I was deeply inspired by Creed while I was working on this. (Scott Stapp rocks!) All in all, it took me about a week to complete it and fit it into a melody. Oh, in case you think it is way too much time – let me remind you that I have a regular day job, and had to work on this during the limited spare time! I am a very busy guy, you see!

Anyway, here is the song.

When I was battered
You lay beside me
And you got me on my feet again
When I was cold
You wrapped your arms around me
And you kept me warm and safe

When I was lifeless
You filled my veins with your blood
And you breathed your life to me
When I was homeless
You let me stay in your heart
And you taught me how to dream

I do believe
I could do anything
When you are with me
I do believe
We could do anything
When you are with me

With you beside me
I fear no one
'Cause I'm protected by your love
In you I find my
Strength and purpose
To live my life the way it should be

I do believe
I could do anything
When you are with me
I do believe
We could do anything
When you are with me

So would you please
Stay here with me
And show me how to live?

And yeah, just in case if you are wondering as to who this song is about – um, would you believe me if I said Jesus?!

No?!

I thought so!