Sunday, 3 May 2009

Better Man!

It has been like over four months now since I have given up using profanities. Four long months! Hah! Am I good, or what?! And oh, this is in spite of the fact that all these guys around me swear so much. And not just that, they also keep provoking me into cussing all the time. However, I am still going strong!

Of course, I do recite a few incidents to people in which me, or someone else had used profanities, but I do not consider that as swearing. In a way, it is like passive smoking, you know!

Anyway, now that I am not swearing, I was thinking to myself as to why was I swearing in the first place. Strangely enough, I still do not have an answer. Maybe I was just influenced by the people around me! (Yes, right! Blame it on the other guys!)

And now, coming to another question I asked myself – does this not swearing thing make me a better person? Well, I don’t really know about that, but (although a few people would disagree) it sure has made me a quieter person!

1 comment:

Kaptnik said...

(Pearls of Wisdom alert!!!)

Of all the people who remain quiet, only a few say nothing.

Say nothing, and nothing will be left unsaid.